This IS ME

I cant spell, to well... And my grammer is bad to... so yea I am just gunna type to my heart's content.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The city never sleeps and apparently i don't either

Hello all. I have not written in quite some time because I have not had anything to write about. Now I do.

Yesterday I went into the city with a longtime friend of mine just to get out and about, see new things, meet new people, and boy did that happen.

So it all started the day before yesterday (which was a Monday), when I was driving a friend to Laguardia airport. I really wanted to go into the city then but was not dressed to go. So Tuesday came and i was thinking during work, " I really want to go to the city. I really really want to go to the city..." so I got off work and decided to call my friend to see if he wanted to go. now I did not have anything planed or any idea of what I was going to do so It was a sporadic decision.

My friend texted me back, "whats up", where as I replied lets go to the city. I received a text saying, " let me shower I'm dirty pick me up at 515." So 515 comes and I get my friend and we make it to the bus station with only minutes to spare. As we were getting the tickets the bus came so we frantically grabbed our tickets and rushed to the bus. The driver opened his doors back up and let us in.

Next we are on the bus, and now we both have to piss and we are stuck in traffic going to the Lincoln tunnel. Not fun at all. the 30 min drive turned into a hour or so drive. However it was not that big of a deal.

We get to Port Authority and get out on to the streets of NY. There we decided to get away from the big flashy part of the city like Time Square and Broadway  and fine the hole in the wall places. An hour or so later of walking we made it to 9th and 59th or around there and found a little place called Lincoln Park Bar and Grill. Perfect. We go in, and the drinks were cheep and the people were nice and it reminded me of the bars back home. a very fun place to be.

Next we went to this bar called Bar 9. not as nice but still cheep drinks and the bar had a pool table. We spent a good hour and a halve playing pool drinking and just having a good time. Next we went to a Irish pub that I don't remember the name of though. However across the street was a Deli and I had not eaten all day so I decided to go and get a sandwich since my friend left his tab open at Bar 9. The sub was HUGE and only 5 bucks. I love little places like that. not the huge restaurants or anything like that. nice and quiet.

So it's getting later now and we have about an hour and a halve till we have to get back to the bus Depot and go home. we have a drink at the Irish pub that I don't remember the name of and head over to another bar with a pool table, Molloys. That place was like the first bar we went to. Calm cheep and nice. we played one game of pool and headed off to Port Authority.

We made it to Port Authority very quickly and got some food but then realized that one, my friend had lost his other round trip ticket, and two, we had to go from the bottom of Port Authority to the very top in 25 minutes. We hauled ass up those stairs and made it up there with time to spare. I went to the side store by our bus gate and got a bag of Combos and two waters for the ride home. We waited and got on the bus back home. This is where things get interesting.

Right as we leave Port Authority  I fell asleep. and in that time my phone fell out of my pocket and we missed our bus stop. We ended up at the last station which was not to  far from the stop we needed to go to. The only thing was it was across the highway... so we decided we could make it and we got to my car in one piece. On our way home I realized that I didn't have my phone on me. Oh jeez I had a feeling something like this was going to happen. lucky my other friend had gotten a call or called me and the transit garage people said they had my phone.

So I made my way there this morning and got my phone. I though it was much later that it really was when I woke up. Fell Asleep around 2 and woke up at around 8.

All in all the trip was Epic and a blast, and I cant wait to go back and find more bars like the ones we found.

2 comments:

  1. Truly an epic adventure, glad you found your phone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left my phone on an Amtrak train last year, and I had not even been bar hopping. Unfortunately, I never did recover it.

    ReplyDelete